Claim for premium refunds
At the link below you may lodge a claim for a premium refund to the Danish Guarantee Fund and the bankruptcy estate. It is the same web formula to be used for both. The Danish Guarantee Fund and the bankruptcy estate will sort the claims themselves.
After you have lodged a claim for a premium refund using the web formula, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address stated in the web formula. When the bankruptcy estate and the Danish Guarantee Fund have handled the claim for a premium refund, you will receive a confirmation that the claim has been handled/registered in the register of debts in the bankruptcy estate. Please be aware that receipt of compensation from the bankruptcy estate is subject to considerable uncertainty, given that the overview of the expected dividend still needs to be established. Dividend meaning the proportionate share to be received by a creditor when all claims cannot be fully satisfied. Full compensation from the bankruptcy estate cannot be expected.
The Danish Guarantee Fund may cover premium refunds on the following insurance types:
- Private insurances (typically consumer insurances such as third-party motor liability insurance, home and personal protection insurance, houseowner’s insurance, second home insurance, accident insurance or similar private insurances)
- Collective insurances to the extent that such an insurance corresponds to the individual insurances covered
- Fire insurances regardless of the type of property and class of policyholders (coverage of damage caused by fire is not limited to consumer insurance, i.e. one- or two-family houses or second homes, as the Fund also covers fire damage to commercial properties etc.).
The Danish Guarantee Fund covers premiums paid before the issue of the bankruptcy order on the 8 May 2018 but with an excess of DKK 1,000 per policy. However, only such part of the premium as corresponds to the remaining part of the insurance period is covered by the Danish Guarantee Fund. The excess of DKK 1,000 per policy will automatically be registered in the register of debts in the bankruptcy estate.
Generally the Danish Guarantee Fund does not cover premium refunds on the following insurance types:
- British taxi insurances
- British insurances on buildings
- French insurances on buildings (except if the policyholder is a private person)Further guidance will appear on the web formula. Please be aware of the prolonged casework time.
- Claims for premium refunds on the above matters will be registered in the register of debts in the bankruptcy estate.